At the Dynamics, Sensing, and Controls Laboratory (DSCL) of University of Connecticut, we aim at the development of novel technologies for the better, safer, and more sustainable operation of various systems. Our research interests are:
• Structural dynamics and system dynamics
• Sensing, signal processing, and monitoring
• Optimization and robust design
• Smart materials and smart structures, mechatronics
• Modeling and analysis of systems with multi-field couplings
Our research projects are funded by federal agencies and industrial companies, including NSF, AFOSR, DHS, NASA, Army, DARPA, Pratt & Whitney, United Technologies Aerospace Systems, GE, Gerber, and Stanley Black & Decker, etc.